Friday 7 December 2012

Road rage!

Incredibly, it's Friday again! I was expecting snow this morning but we awoke to heavy rain and grey skies, so a really miserable morning. However, within a few hours the grey gloom had gone to be replaced with blue skies and sunshine which was a good thing as we had to go to Booker and do the mammoth weekly shop for work. When we finished shopping Mum realised she'd left the cheque book on her desk so I volunteered to drive back and get it.

On the way I saw a lorry and a shiny black Audi TT wedged together on a roundabout...nobody was hurt but there were a lot of angry words being exchanged and I can only imagine what was being said, with each driver blaming the other! Keith, who has worked in distribution most of his life, has always told me never to overtake a lorry on a roundabout as it's so easy for the lorry to cut across a car and literally squash it! The amazing thing was that, only a few hours later, I saw it almost happen again, this time with a woman driving a Range Rover just in front of me! She at least had the sense to slam her brakes on and let the lorry go on its way!

Sophie and I went to the gym after work, even though I felt like just going home and lolling about on the sofa! I've had a headache and an achey throat and neck, but I think it may have been me sleeping in an awkward position, because once at the gym I felt a lot better and had loads more energy! We finished our session with a very relaxing dip in the jacuzzi, and I was so glad I went!

Evening Tipple : Firemark Viognier (Argentina)

No comments: