Saturday 29 December 2012

Shopping in Milton Keynes on a Saturday?

Sophie wanted to go to Milton Keynes today to do some shopping with her friends so I was chief taxi driver. It wouldn't normally be my choice to go on a Saturday but it was the only day she could go before her Winter Ball takes place next week and there was an urgent need for new shoes, a new bag and yet more make-up!

I was dreading it, to be honest, as I had a feeling it would be really busy with people going to the sales but it wasn't too bad and we managed to get parked pretty easily. I bought myself a newspaper and sat in Caffe Italia as I'd arranged to meet my parents there for lunch.

Unfortunately we were having some problems with staff at work but Mum and Dad dealt with it and met me just a few minutes later than planned. Despite it being busy, we had an enjoyable afternoon browsing in the shops and I tried on a couple of coats, the best being in M&S. However, it wouldn't have been very practical so I resisted the temptation...and the hefty price tag!

By 3.30pm I'd had enough but I'd arranged to meet Sophie and the girls at 4. Mum and I went to Tea Monkey, which was a first, and I ordered a pot of tea for the two of us. It arrived in a cafetiere and when I poured it out, there were loads of tea grounds in the bottom of the cup! Yuk! I took it back and one of the assistants kindly gave me a tea strainer as I said I couldn't drink it with bits of tea floating in it. The thought makes me shudder! What's wrong with a good old fashioned pot of tea??

I resumed taxi duties again and dropped all the girls off at their respective homes and then it was back to my own home and a relaxing session on the sofa with a glass of wine!

No comments: