Wednesday 19 December 2012

Bucket List

2013 is looming and today I thought up 13 things I wanted to do next year as a way of having something to look forward to every month. I know that, technically, a Bucket List is a list of things to do before you die, but I thought it would be great to have one for next year, and Keith and Sophie have been thinking up some of their own ideas!

Here are mine:

  1. Visit Saltaire near Bradford - a Victorian model village built by Sir Titus Salt for his mill workers. 
  2. Drive to Berlin (maybe a bit dodgy this one but I'm going to persevere).
  3. Visit a UK Christmas Market.
  4. Walk through Dovedale in the Peak District.
  5. Make a Christmas cake.
  6. Write a short story - it's about time I got back into my writing.
  7. Visit Coton Manor Gardens.
  8. Climb at least one of the highest mountains in the UK - either Scafell Pike, Ben Nevis or Snowdon (hmmm...got to get that treadmill at the gym on a higher incline...)
  9. Visit Portmeirion in Wales.
  10. Ride one of the scarier roller coasters when we visit Florida, but NOT the Hulk!
  11. Visit the National Gallery.
  12. Read Wuthering Heights.
  13. Grow a Sunflower from seed.
I wonder how many I will achieve before the end of 2013?!

Evening Tipple: McEwans Champion



No comments: