Wednesday 26 December 2012

Every day feels like Sunday!

Well, Christmas has been great - very relaxed and quiet which is just how I like it! Keith and I went to the pub yesterday at around 12pm and although it was quiet at first, within half an hour the place was packed with people having a drink before their Christmas lunch.

We didn't eat until about 6pm and our meal was delicious. It was a bit heated when I dished up as we'd cooked so many different vegetables, but we all had a great time and even played a game of charades after eating which amused the children!

Today dawned bright and sunny, but we didn't get time to go out for a walk as I hoovered downstairs, gave the conservatory a good clean and set the table for dinner while Keith popped to Tesco to get some more vegetables for tonight. Unfortunately, I have managed to catch Keith's cold so I went and had a long bath in the afternoon, followed by a nap, in an effort to feel better for our meal in the evening.

Mum and Dad came around for dinner and told us all about their Christmas down in Kent. They said they'd enjoyed it but said the meal they had definitely wasn't worth the price they paid. It never ceases to amaze me what restaurants charge for a normal roast on Christmas Day, especially as their meal was a carvery!

We cooked a beef casserole and that went down very well, especially with the beautiful Pasquiers Grenache Noir wine I served with it. I'm going to go and get some more of that from Beckworth! We had Christmas pudding for dessert and we all had a glass of the Honey Bourbon with it - delicious!

Mum and Dad had brought around a Roulette game with them and we had great fun playing it after the meal with Mikey accumulating a considerable amount of winnings...he put it all on black at the end of the game and lost the lot!

So it's back to reality tomorrow when I return to work after six days off. It's been great to have a break but I am ready to get back into the normal routine. It feels like it's been a continuous run of Sundays since Christmas Eve!