Saturday 8 December 2012

A wet and muddy walk!

 Today has been very enjoyable although the walk Keith and I embarked on this afternoon was extremely muddy and hard-going!

We were woken this morning just before 8am when my Dad called to say that there was a problem with one of the slides at work. I was in the middle of a vivid dream about trying to get to the hairdresser's by way of flooded fields on a bike...premonition of later, perhaps? At first I thought it was Sophie waking us by saying it had snowed (she thought it was Monday morning and we were all late for work and school) but then she said that it had been my Dad, so I called him to find out the problem. He'd left for work so Keith and I went in as well to find it wasn't a slide but one of our climbing ramps that had come away from its fixings. Dad was netting it off so the children couldn't climb it and said we would sort it out on Monday.

Keith and I returned home (I treated myself to a Costa Coffee Latte at the petrol station as a treat) and then I spent the morning doing household chores before taking Sophie to work at 12pm. Her friend, Abi, was starting work for us today so I did a quick induction with her, then headed home to wash my car and finish hoovering the house.

Keith and I were being nosey neighbours as a couple came to view Tim and Gill's house...she was blonde and driving a white BMW while he was dark and shortish and although I'm not certain, I don't think they'll be buying as they were barely there ten minutes. It's a shame we don't have net curtains as we could then be twitching them, but it's certainly fun looking out for potential buyers and seeing what they're like...after all these people will be living extremely close to us in the future!

At about 3.30pm Keith and I set off for our walk and once over the fields discovered that they were very wet indeed! We took a different route and ended up down at the stream that runs through the middle of the fields and it was very full and fast flowing. I let out a few shrieks as I tried to jump over the water, trying my hardest not to fall in and then have to walk home soaking wet!

By the time we reached home it was fully dark and groping our way across the fields and trying not to fall down a rabbit hole was not pleasant. I think we'll leave this walk for a while, unless it snows hard, as it's not my idea of fun to be slipping and sliding about in the mud and getting filthy! I think we'll have to invest in some welly boots or stick to the paths!

Back home it was into the bath for a well-earned soak and then I went to pick Sophie up from work. Keith and I had planned to go to the pub for a drink and order a Chinese take-away from the van in the village and we had a great time chatting to some old friends and soaking up the lovely atmosphere. We realised we've been going to our local for almost 24 years and I never tire of being in there and having a drink!


Evening Tipple : The rest of the bottle of Firemark Viognier from Argentina.







No comments: