Monday 17 December 2012

Moody Monday

Today hasn't really been the most enjoyable of days, but then compared to the poor people who have lost loved ones in Newtown, it's probably been paradise.

Keith was in at work with me today, but Ian had some personal family problems so he was out for most of the day. They'd both intended to do some repair work on one of our Fire Exit doors but that's had to be postponed until after Christmas so Keith, very bravely, accompanied me to the bank. I say bravely, because we were queuing for about thirty minutes with only two cashiers available, and one of those was occupied for the whole time we were there with a man who had about £1 million in 1p and 2p pieces! The queue stretched out of the door at one point with everyone grumbling about the wait! The whole bank is undergoing a complete refurbishment, which I think is completely unnecessary! If it ain't broke, don't fix it...just give us more staff so we don't have to spend half our lives in queues!

Back at work I made a festive lunch as this is the last Monday we are closed before the school holidays start. My turkey and cranberry sandwiches followed by mince pies went down very well, I think!

After work it was off to the gym for Sophie and me and unfortunately, a lot of things were broken, which was a bit annoying! The television screens on the cross-trainers and treadmills were going haywire and the piece of equipment I was on kept telling me that my heart rate was over 200...er, I don't think so! Having it keep flashing up with a warning was a mite disconcerting so I switched to another one and was reassured that I was within the normal range of bpm!

As swimming lessons have now finished we went off down for a swim and then a quick dip in the jacuzzi which was full of loud-mouthed men...time to head off home, we thought, and maybe a glass of delicious wine!

Evening Tipple: First Cape South African Shiraz

No comments: