Saturday 19 November 2011

Thursday 17 November

After work today Keith and I had an appointment with Mikey's form teacher as it was Parents' Evening at school. Sophie was working so I picked her up, took her back to work and then went home to get ready. Mikey has been having a bit of a tough time at school lately, and has been in a bit of trouble so we went to the evening with a feeling of trepidation.

His form teacher was a great man and we got on well with him, but the underlying message we received from him was that Mikey was a bit too easily distracted and that he needed to really knuckle down and get on with school work. I know for a fact that I could have done a lot better at school, something I've told both Sophie and Mikey no end of times. I really wished I'd worked harder and know now that opportunites you get at school are rare later on in life. I'm not sure whether Mikey took all this in, but we can only hope. I get the feeling that he will be the sort to get more out of life when he leaves, as my father did, and he hated school as well!

No comments: