Tuesday 15 November 2011

Monday 14 November

Today we achieved far more at work than I ever dreamed we could! Polly came in and completely replaced two areas of netting that had been repaired many times so it all looked much neater. Keith also came in with me and we cleaned all the tube slides which made them look lovely and shiny again. I also hoovered the entire carpeted area and used the soft nozzle brush to clean all the padded scaffolding.

We also moved the large slide inflatable into a different position as I had plans to buy something new for the tots area and it would only work if we moved the inflatables. I wanted to put the two bouncy castles side by side, but when we moved the slide we realised the children could hit their heads on the girders in the ceiling and that they would also be able to climb over the walls onto the netting that surrounds our wavy slide! So that idea was soon disregarded! I'm just so we tested it out first before ordering the new piece of equipment!

We did manage to take up our old Gladiator Duel, which has had its day, and I hoovered all the carpet underneath, finding some very odd objects as I did so! We moved our table tennis table into the area and also put our table football game there as well, to make it into an area for older children and their parents.

We pulled back the Tots bouncy castle and I finished up by cleaning one more slide and hoovering the carpet underneath! When I finished at 4pm, I was absolutely shattered as the inflatables aren't the lightest of things to move even when there's three of us doing it!

It was great to get home, jump in the bath and have a well-earned soak!

No comments: