Saturday 19 November 2011

Decorating!

Today was spent decorating our living room and I was really pleased that Keith had already done some work during the week as it made our job today a lot easier!

We used to have a border around the top of the wall and Keith had managed to remove it over a couple of days (it was well and truly stuck on!) so that helped. He tackled our "feature" wall with the Mulberry Burst while I did the other three walls with Soft Stone. At first I thought we'd made a dreadful mistake as my emulsion looked really patchy but it dried beautifully. The Mulberry Burst looked wonderful and didn't make the room look dark at all. The two colours went together really well and with the white paintwork the room looks really clean.

I took down the curtains and gave them a good wash and also removed a very old fashioned cabinet we have, which is stuffed full of Lladro figures and crystal. Keith and I really don't want the cabinet to go back so we've no idea what to do with all the figurines. A trip to Ikea looks like a good idea!

No comments: