Saturday 5 November 2011

Remember, remember the 5th of November...

Today was a classic Bonfire Night type of day - grey, misty, damp and murky and it never improved!

Keith and I went off in the morning to our local Audi dealership as the time really has come to buy a new car. My dream ride would be an A4 Estate but for now I'll make do with the little A1 which has really stolen my heart. We just didn't have time to go for a test drive but I completed a lot of paperwork with the salesman and managed to sit in one, which felt really good. I've been in love with Audis ever since the adverts of the 80s when the cars seemed to be the epitome of cool:


With the voice of Geoffrey Palmer, I was completely hooked and I've been wanting one ever since! Hopefully, within the next few weeks I will get my dream car and I've booked a test drive for Tuesday to see if the make will live up to my expectations!

We raced back home and I took Sophie into work which is to be a regular thing now on a Saturday. The afternoon was spent doing very little before making the return journey to pick her up. It probably cost me more in diesel to take her there and back than she actually earned!

In the evening we went off to the village for the annual firework display. There seemed to be loads of people walking along the path and the display was well attended. We braved it for an hour and then it was home to a delicious beef casserole and a glass of red!