Saturday 19 November 2011

Friday 18 November

I now know what happens when you fill your car up with petrol or diesel and suddenly realise you don't have any money to pay for it!

Mum and I were on our way to Booker this morning when I said I needed to go and get some diesel. We pulled into the Tesco garage and I put about £40 worth of diesel into the car. As I put the nozzle back I realised, with a feeling of absloute horror, that I'd left my bag at work!

We had the business cheque book with us so I took that into the shop, hoping that they would accept a company cheque. They didn't! "What happens now, then?" I asked, expecting them to call the police or for me to call someone to bring money down to me...

They told me I had to fill in a form with all my details and that I'd have until 10pm that night to come in and pay. I was amazed! The staff were so lovely and very accepting of my silly mistake, telling me it happens a lot.

I dropped mum off at Booker where she met my dad and I raced back to work to get my purse and go and pay! Phew!

No comments: