Monday 21 November 2011

Sunday 20 November

Today was spent glossing the doors in the living room and sorting out the contents of the cabinet. Much to Sophie's disgust we've had to put it back as I really can't cope with boxes of stuff lying around, especially as I have friends coming to dinner on Friday evening! The crystal was carefully wrapped and put in a box, which was then, along with several other boxes, put into the loft. Why we hoard this sort of stuff is beyond me... Sometimes I yearn to have a very minimalist house with very few possessions but then again, certain things have sentimental value and I just can't bring myself to throw them out, so up into the loft they go!

I finally finished the paintwork at about 3.30pm and then spent the rest of the afternoon and evening watching films on BBCiplayer. I managed two Cary Grant films (Mr Blandings Builds his Dream House and Every Girl Should Be Married) plus an episode of Frozen Planet with David Attenborough!

We had the most delicious beef casserole for dinner with a lovely bottle of Rioja and then Keith and I watched another film, the 18 rated London Boulevard, which was definitely not one for the children!

No comments: