Saturday 12 November 2011

Out and about

Sophie is working every Saturday now, which means an end to our jaunts to Market Harborough and it also means I'll be driving her into work every week. My new car can't come quickly enough! I'm really hoping that my diesel consumption will be improved with the new, smaller car and that I'll save some money!

We took her into work and then we had to go to Booker to get some coffee as our cook hadn't ordered enough for the weekend. Back home I washed my car as it was filthy, did some housework and then caught up with the crosswords from three weeks worth of newspapers! Keith and I haven't played cards in the conservatory for ages, mainly because we've been busy in the evenings but the light in there isn't brilliant so I find it difficult to complete them. Today, after a misty start the sun came out in the afternoon and it was lovely to sit in there and enjoy the lovely blue sky overhead.

All too soon it was time to go and pick Sophie up from work and we nipped down to one of the retail parks to pick out some paint pots as I'm planning to decorate the living room next weekend. I also popped into Halfords to look at car covers as when I was washing my car I noticed how scratched the bonnet was - no doubt from the cats' feet as they use the car as a giant seat! A small cover cost about £65 but it will be money well spent if I can protect my new car from the claws of the cats! Grrrrr!

No comments: