Tuesday 29 November 2011

Girlie night out!

For once, I was the passenger this evening, rather than being the driver!

Keith came into work with me today as my parents had swapped their days off, knowing we would be busy on Wednesday when a lot of the schools would be shut because of the strikes. We did a lot of driving about and I took him into Northampton at lunchtime where he was having his bi-annual meet with two of his old work colleagues.

The weather today has been terrible - really wet and very windy so when I went to pick Keith up from the pub the journey was horrible, and made even worse by the heavy traffic and absence of street lights! I wouldn't want to do that journey every evening!

So it was with a feeling of relief when I eventually got home, jumped in the bath and then went out with Sue for an Indian meal in Kettering. She chose a restaurant called "Exotic Dining" which was absolutely lovely, but sadly very empty when we arrived. Another couple arrived as we were half way through our meal, but such a great restaurant deserves to do well.

We were both famished when we arrived so we ordered two poppadums each, accompanied by some delicious sauces and chopped onion and tomato. I sipped on an enormous glass of Pinot Grigio, very grateful to Sue that she'd offered to drive! My starter was called "Pears of Potato" which consisted of breadcrumbed mashed potato shaped into little pears and served with an apricot and date chutney. Sue had a vegetable samosa and they resembled two perfect little boobs!

For my main course I chose Murgh Masalam which was a fillet of chicken breast marinated with white pepper, English mustard, garlic and ginger paste and then stuffed with chicken mince. It was served with an onion and yoghurt sauce and an egg! With that I had mushroom rice and half of a Peshwari Naan which was dripping with syrup. It sounds odd, but it was delicious!

Sue had Chicken Shaslik with Chana Masala, pieces of marinated chicken served with a chickpea sauce which she said was delicious and very filling.

We couldn't manage a dessert so we settled for a decaffeinated coffee each, an After Eight mint and I was offered a freebie Baileys, which I felt was rude to refuse! We waddled off into the night, feeling very replete and very happy!

No comments: