Monday 28 November 2011

Deck the halls...

As we have a Christmas party at work this weekend we had no choice but to spend all day putting up the Christmas decorations, a job I really don't look forward to!

I arrived at work early and one of the workmen who was in doing the cladding came into the office to let me know what they were going to be doing with the building today. Before I knew it, he started telling me his life story which was a touch surprising, seeing as I hardly knew him! I didn't mind though as it's just another example of how complete strangers seem to treat me as an unpaid counsellor! I really should be in another job! Preferably one where I can charge!

Keith came into work to help me and also to lend a hand with putting up one of our outside lights so at least the customers can see where they're going until the cladding is finished. We put up three Christmas trees and a whole host of other decorations which took the whole day, so I was a bit tired when it came time to call it a day and go home. The place did look beautiful though, and we turned off all the main lights so we could appreciate the twinkling bulbs on the trees and the lit up sleigh and reindeer!

No comments: