Thursday 3 November 2022

Twin bags!

I was looking forward to finishing work at 2pm and coming home to potter about, but Keith looked so fed up about going shopping that I offered to go with him... not my favourite thing to do!

We left Sophie in bed but she said she would get up as soon as we left and go to the gym, which I didn't think was a good idea. Keith and I drove to Moulton to pick up my car, and Keith took a spare key so he could sit in the car and wait until Glen arrived. I thought I was going to be late for work but I arrived dead on time at 8am and set the office up as Sara hadn't arrived. We are both noticing that the traffic is horrendous in the morning now, and it seems even busier than before the pandemic!

Work was good, and I handled all the customer service emails before leaving at 2pm. Sophie had gone to the gym, and then to work, but she still didn't feel good, so she'd been sent home again and told to take Friday off as well.

I returned home and quizzed Keith about my car and he said it was, as we had guessed, the wheel bearing, this time on the nearside. I really hope that that's it for a while now! We drove to Kettering and did the shopping, bickering all the way around the two supermarkets as I wanted to look at lots of things (I hardly ever go so it's good to see what's new). In Tesco, only a few checkouts were open and after going to a self-service till and having to wait even before we'd put anything through, we opted for a manned one. It appears that Tesco is cutting right back on their checkouts so I dread to think what it'll be like at Christmas! We waited, and chatted with the woman in front of us who had a Mercadona bag, just like us! How weird was that! She said her Mum lived in Tenerife so that would explain it, but I honestly thought we'd be the only shoppers with Mercadona and Carrefour bags! We're show-offs!

We arrived home and unloaded all the shopping, impeded by Monty who kept winding himself around our legs and wanting food. I swiftly chucked him out as I could see one of us falling over him! Sophie came downstairs and inspected all the shopping, and we sat and enjoyed a cup of tea once it had all been put away.

Dinner tonight was beef stroganoff and Keith had already prepared the meat and vegetables so all he had to do was cook everything. Sophie helped and the meal was delicious!

No comments: