Monday 7 November 2022

Monday again!

Horrible Monday morning rolled around again and work wasn't too bad. I had planned on going to the Weston Favell Centre when I finished at 4pm but I just couldn't face it so I went home. I still haven't bought anything for my Mum!

At home, I hoovered, tidied up and then prepared dinner. We had some mushroom sauce left so we'd decided to do a chicken and bacon pasta bake this evening. Keith cut up the chicken and we prepared everything to cook a little later.

Sophie was back at work today and feeling so much better. Even Keith's cough seemed to have calmed down a bit, thank goodness. I was glad I'd escaped the lurgy!

Dinner this evening was delicious. We cooked the pasta, pan-fried the chicken and then added the mushroom sauce from yesterday plus a jar of sauce we had in the cupboard. I mixed parmesan cheese with breadcrumbs and sprinkled that on the top and we baked it in the oven for about forty minutes. Sophie made garlic bread, which was lovely and crispy.

After we'd eaten, Keith and I caught up with I'm A Celebrity which has returned to Australia for the first time since 2019. The bunch of celebrities were OK, but I only recognised a handful of them! It will be interesting when our former Secretary of State for Health, Matt Hancock, joins the group! I think he will be given a fair few trials to complete!

No comments: