Sunday 13 November 2022

Foggy Sunday.

Today has been enjoyable, and we've pootled about doing housework (loads of laundry again) and catching up with things that needed doing. It was very foggy in the morning, a real November day when it never really got light, although the sun made a watery appearance in the early afternoon.

We discovered this morning that we needed an onion for the second week running, so Sophie and I went to Mawsley, then the garage at Tesco in Kettering to get diesel, and finally to Broughton to send back some Tassimo pods. Once these jobs were done it was home to have leftovers from last night's meal for lunch.

After we'd eaten, Sophie set about making a soup for tonight's meal - a very oniony and tomatoey concoction! The onions had to be chopped and cooked right down and it took a good couple of hours to get it right.

I reluctantly put all my summer clothes away into big drawers in our divan bed, a job I'd been meaning to do for a few weeks. At the rate that time flies by, it won't be long before I'll be taking them out again! I also found some boxes of Christmas decorations and it won't be long before they're coming out, either!

I saw some activity next door in the late afternoon - the people buying the house arrived and spent a long time in the utility room... I also saw the man upstairs with a torch and that looked very creepy indeed! It was a good job I'd recognised him from when I was spying on them in the summer, otherwise, I would have been a bit worried!

We played Scrabble in the evening and Sophie beat me, as I knew she would. I think she was pretty determined to not have a repeat of yesterday! We opened a bottle of wine and after one game, Sophie put the finishing touches to the soup and made garlic bread. Keith and I thought the soup was delicious but Sophie felt it was a bit salty, which it wasn't!

 

No comments: