Monday 21 November 2022

Trying to concentrate...

Sheila is off this week so it's down to me to do the daily cash-ups at work. Our new photocopiers/printers have been very fickle lately, and some of the centres haven't been able to scan their cash-up sheets and till readings. I did what I could but Sheila will have to try and sort it out on her return.

I needed to concentrate on this job as it involves a lot of figures, but our office was very noisy today, with loud conversations going on and a lot of cackling and shouting. I answered the phones for the first half hour and then went off until lunchtime to finish the cash-ups as there was no way I could do them in between answering calls. Today is the worst day as I had the busy weekend to sort out, and tomorrow should be a lot quicker.

The weather today has been truly horrible with lashing rain and high winds. When I arrived home Sophie texted me to say that she had offered to take a colleague home, the maintenance man who looks after the building. She knows him quite well, but to say I was unhappy about the situation was the understatement of the year! When she told me he lived in Irthlingborough, way out of her normal route home, I was really quite angry with her. The A45 is a busy horrible dual carriageway and with the weather, I thought she was mad. When she eventually arrived home after her roundabout route we had a few words, but she said the journey was easy. Hmmm! 


No comments: