Saturday 19 November 2022

Pottering about.

Sophie went to the gym to take part in two yoga classes this morning, leaving Keith and me to potter about, have several cups of coffee and a light breakfast of toast.

I hadn't got any plans for this weekend at all, which was lovely, and just how I liked it! I did clean downstairs, though, and I suddenly realised that we have Monty's slaves coming for dinner next Saturday, so I really need to make some kind of plan about what we're eating and drinking! I left the conservatory until next weekend when I'll give it a thorough clean. We need to make sure it's warm as well!

Sophie came home at lunchtime, made herself a sandwich, and we sat and read the newspapers. Keith went to see Sileby play in the afternoon and he was chuffed as it was a local Derby, with his team playing away at Moulton. He knew this afternoon wouldn't be called off as they play on an all-weather pitch.

I carried on pootling about and had a lovely soak in the bath. We put the heating on as there was a brisk wind blowing outside, and I knew that Keith would be chilled to the bone when he arrived home.

Dinner tonight was steak and chips, so Sophie and I drank a lovely bottle of Lebanese red wine with our two games of Scrabble (I won both) and then we cooked. We decided to put the steak in the oven even though Keith had said he was going to barbecue (I didn't think he would!) along with black pudding and stuffed cheesy mushrooms. The meal, Keith and I thought, was delicious but Sophie said the steak was overdone, which it probably was, but it still tasted lovely.

After we'd eaten Keith and I watched a silly film called Phantom of the Open about a crane driver from Barrow-in-Furness who kept gatecrashing the British Golf Open back in the 70s and 80s. I remember it being on at the cinema and I'm just glad I didn't pay to watch it!

No comments: