Sunday 27 November 2022

Grey Sunday.

The weather today has been horrible with grey skies and a chill in the air all day. I took Sophie to the station at 9am as she was going on a first date with a man she had met online. They were off to the V&A in London, followed by lunch. I was very glad she was going down by train so I wasn't as nervous today! 

After dropping her off I returned to have breakfast with Keith and to enjoy a second cup of coffee with the Sunday papers. Although Sophie had done most of the clearing up last night, there was still a little bit to do which I sorted out after breakfast.

After tidying up and doing several loads of laundry, I caught up with my blog and managed to finish adding my Greek diary to the book I'm compiling for Mum and Dad. I used Sophie's laptop and sat at the kitchen island which felt a lot more comfortable!

Sophie texted me to say she was getting back to Northampton at about 6pm so both Keith and I went to get her and we were amazed at how busy it was! There was a constant stream of cars picking people up or dropping them off. Sophie appeared looking happy and on the way back home we heard all about her day. She'd had a lovely time and was sure there'd be a second date in the pipeline!

Keith didn't feel like eating this evening so Sophie and I shared the remainder of the casserole from last night and enjoyed a couple of glasses of red wine. We watched an episode of Escape to the Chateau, and looking at the food that Dick was preparing made us both yearn for some good French gastronomic delights!


No comments: