Thursday 10 November 2022

The birds and the wasps...

Work sped by today and I managed to clear all the customer service emails for Sara, who had taken today off. It was lovely to leave at 2pm and go home, where I swept up all the leaves by the back door and chatted to Sue who was walking Bailey and Archie. While we were talking, she saw a starling fly up into the eaves at the front of the house and disappear so I suspect that along with our wasps' nest, we also have a starling home there as well. The wasps are still a nuisance in the morning when they fly into the kitchen if Sophie puts the outside light on but because it's so mild they are probably surviving. With the first real cold snap, they will perish, so we decided not to call out a pest control company to deal with them.

We haven't seen the hedgehogs for a while so maybe they've started their winter hibernation? Because we now rarely go into the conservatory, we don't see the birds or the wildlife and I have to make a conscious decision to feed the poor things! We still have our noisy family of sparrows living in the bushes and also the starlings hoover up everything we put down, so I must get back into the habit of leaving food out.

Back inside the house, I caught up with some jobs and discussed with Keith what to do about dinner this evening... Sophie was out with Laura and Daisy and I just didn't fancy fish pie for the two of us. I managed to coax him into ordering a Chinese takeaway much to Sophie's envy who wanted one, too!




No comments: