Tuesday 8 November 2022

New toys.

Work has been interesting today as we had some new toys to play with. Our old photocopier/printer was due to be replaced and we were given brand new credit card terminals. They looked like iPhones and were very smart indeed, and a lot faster than the old ones which, compared with the new ones, looked like relics from an ancient era!

The new printer/photocopier arrived mid-morning and there was a flurry of activity as it was manoeuvred into place. Before long it was working away and it will be kept very busy indeed in our office! However, after a couple of hours of work, it decided to go on strike! Hopefully, when I return to work on Thursday it will be working again!

The office was full of people again today, and this seems to be the theme for a Tuesday. We had a new member of staff in yesterday and it's obvious she doesn't have an office of her own as she comes in and uses one of our desks. Yesterday, she was taking part in a loud Zoom meeting for over an hour and it was very distracting indeed! I think people forget that we're almost constantly on the phone and need a quiet background to hear the customers! Sara had a word with her boss today so let's hope the next time she has a meeting she goes somewhere else!

I had no choice but to go to the Weston Favell Centre after work as I realised I needed Sophie to sign a birthday card for my Mum. This morning, when I woke up I realised I hadn't bought anything from my Dad to Mum so I spent half an hour on the Moonpig website ordering a card, sparkling wine and chocolates!

I drove over to the centre and went to Tesco where I bought lovely cards, flowers, chocolates and an M&S gift card. I can then take Mum to Rushden Lakes where she can choose what she wants. I then hot-footed it back to the car for the awful drive home in horrendous traffic. I phoned Keith to explain where I'd been, and he told me Liam had come over with some post that had been delivered to his old house. It was a real shame I'd missed him, as it would have been lovely to catch up and have a chat. Liam had suggested a night out at the pub so hopefully, that will be a chance to have a good natter!

Back home, Keith and I chatted in the kitchen and I opened a letter from work saying they were giving us a "Cost of Living" bonus in our next pay. It's not a huge amount but every little counts!

No comments: