Sunday 20 November 2022

A new project.

I've spent another day in the house, not going anywhere at all! It didn't help that I woke up so late (I'm not going to say the time as it was very late!) so the time today has flown by.

I did heaps of laundry, pottered about and started a new book for my parents, chronicling our holidays over the years since our first trip abroad in 1980 as a family. I doubt I'll have it ready for Christmas, as I need to write up some old diaries and scan lots of photos, but it will keep me busy!

Although the weather was sunny in the morning it clouded over in the afternoon and we had rain. The sky went a funny colour as well, almost as if it was going to snow! I had planned on watching a cheesy Christmas film in the afternoon, but I wrote my blog instead and recorded it to watch later.

Sophie had volunteered to cook dinner tonight and she made, from scratch, the most delicious chicken casserole with dumplings. She made the casserole sauce herself by frying onions and mushrooms and adding chicken stock and white wine as well as herbs. She can certainly cook that again, and it smelt lovely when she was doing the preparations.

We played two games of Scrabble with a bottle of white wine and listened to our Spain Summer playlist which always brings back good memories. I made the dumplings and we served the casserole with mashed potatoes and vegetables. It was truly scrumptious!
 

No comments: