Thursday 17 November 2022

Braving the traffic.

Sara was off again today, babysitting, so I looked after the customer service emails and did lots of orders. Things are definitely quietening down now and I managed to catch up with everything easily. I'm going to have to ask Sheila for some more work soon!

At 2pm I dashed off home, checked my own emails and then went to collect Mum to take her to have her nails done. She said that Dad wasn't well and had a pain in his hip, causing him discomfort. She had asked if a doctor could come and see him, so I hope they arrange that soon.

We drove back over to Northampton and saw Natalia straightaway. Mum had her nails painted a gorgeous glittery brown, so she was very pleased. We made an appointment for December and January and then set off back to Kettering in very heavy traffic all along the horrible A43. Is it me or has the traffic become much worse lately?

I dropped Mum off and headed home where it was lovely to sit and read the paper with Keith in the kitchen. He made me a drink and we relaxed until it was time for dinner. Sophie was out with friends so we had prawn salad and delicious brown, crusty bread.

Sophie wasn't late home tonight, thank goodness, and we have one more day of the working week before the weekend! Yippee!

No comments: