Friday 18 November 2022

Chillin' on a Friday night!

Work was quiet today and I ran out of things to do apart from scanning all the cinema box office returns to the computer. This is a noisy job, though, and I was mindful of when my colleagues were on the phone! Sheila gave me two holiday activity classes to input but they are the only ones we're doing this Christmas. The shortage of staff is certainly having an effect on the business.

When we emerged at 4pm it was almost dark and it's hard to believe that a few weeks ago we could sit outside in the sunshine in France! Sophie finished work at the same time as me, which was a bonus. We could start Wine Night early!

We drank a beautiful white wine from South Africa called Bon Afrique which we will definitely buy again. It was 14% so we treated it with respect! While enjoying our wine we watched a 1986 film called Pretty In Pink, featuring one of my favourite bands, The Psychedelic Furs.

Keith came home, we ate a simple dinner of baked potatoes and then caught up with the latest episode of The White Lotus. It's definitely turning out to be a must-watch series!


No comments: