Wednesday 23 November 2022

Plans postponed.

Sophie was going to a prison near Sutton in south London today and catching an early train, so I took her to the station at 6am and we arrived with plenty of time. She was meeting some colleagues at the prison but was still a bit nervous about going on her own. This was the first time she'd been to prison since before the pandemic, and I think she missed Sharon being with her.

Mum and I were supposed to be going shopping at Rushden Lakes today, but she was worried about leaving my Dad who wasn't well, so we postponed it and I said I'd go and visit them in the afternoon. 
|
I tackled the filters in our extractor fan and cleaned the walls and lights in the kitchen. How I contained my excitement, I'll never know! The filters weren't too bad and came out of the casing easily. According to the manual they're supposed to be cleaned every two months! It's been just over a year since they were installed, but they certainly weren't filthy!

At 2pm I drove over to Kettering and took a flask of tea with me. I bought some little chocolate cakes in the Co-op as a treat for Mum and Dad and spent an hour with them. My Dad didn't seem as confused as Mum said he was, and I suspect he had another urine infection. He doesn't look after himself and doesn't drink enough, which is naughty of him. And he doesn't get up and try and walk enough, either!

Sophie texted me to say she was getting the train home, so I left, picked Keith up and we drove down to the station. She was walking out just as we arrived so brilliant timing for once! We battled our way through the traffic and went home to relax. Sophie had treated herself to a Shake Shack burger for lunch but still wanted dinner with us!

It was lovely to sit in the kitchen, hear all about her day and enjoy a drink!

No comments: