Wednesday 31 August 2022

Turned away...

Keith and I had arranged to take my Dad's car to the garage in Moulton this morning to have it checked over before we take it to Spain next month. We dropped it off and popped to Aldi where we bought this evening's dinner and some pastries for breakfast. Luckily, the tyre on my car was still fine otherwise we would have had to ask to borrow Sophie's little car! 

We trundled home, had coffee and pastries and pootled about all morning catching up with jobs. I managed to get a lot of washing out on the line as it was a perfect drying day - plenty of sunshine and a heavenly breeze!

Dad's car was ready at lunchtime and we were charged £20 which was a bargain! At least we have peace of mind now on the journey!

In the afternoon I picked up Mum and we decided to have a cup of tea at Beckworth for a change. I haven't been for ages because of the time you have to wait to get a table, and I was hoping that this afternoon would be a bit quieter. Unfortunately, when we walked in (with Mum now using a zimmer frame) there was a forty-minute wait... I was very disappointed and told the woman handing out the buzzers that we hadn't been for a long time because of the wait. She was apologetic but there was nothing she could do, so we left, feeling very aggrieved! I did say to Mum that I thought it was a ruse to get people to go and do some shopping while they wait!

We drove to Next on Riverside and had a coffee in the Costa outlet there. Minutes after I sat down with our drinks and some cake, they closed the café as an engineer had arrived to fix one of the fridges which was right underneath the coffee machine. Phew! Another fifteen minutes and we would have been turned away from there as well!

We had a look around the shop afterwards and I treated myself to a large bottle of Eau Nude, a fragrance I really love as it's so fresh and clean. That should last me a while!

No comments: