Thursday 18 August 2022

A good old catch-up!

I was a bit apprehensive about going to work this morning, but I was met with smiles so I was forgiven for not going on Tuesday night! I spent my six hours answering customer service emails, and dealing with orders, so the shift passed very quickly.

At 2pm I met my friend, Lynda, in reception and we both drove down to Riverside for a coffee at Costa. I hadn't seen her for ages so we had a lot to catch up on, and we chatted non-stop until 4.30pm! We sat outside and it was lovely and cool!

I said I would go out with the girls the next time they organised an evening meal but I did point out to Lynda that the price of eating out seemed to be going up every time we met up. The last time, at Miller and Carter, the price per person was £70, something I just can't justify, especially at the moment with the huge rise in the cost of living!

After saying goodbye and promising to see each other soon, I sped home, arriving just before Sophie said she was leaving work. Keith cooked a chicken and mushroom pie for dinner, which was delicious and a change from our normal fare! It was even lovely to eat green beans again!

After dinner, I went up to our bedroom, lit two scented candles and watched a very interesting documentary about Cary Grant. I honestly believe he was the most gorgeous man ever to have walked the earth, but he had a sad childhood and never seemed to have found a stable relationship with his wives. Seeing him on the television brought back some great memories of his films, my favourite being Charade, made when he was in his late 50s. Scrumptious!


No comments: