Saturday 13 August 2022

Lying low...

Today has been another scorcher and I've stayed at home, not venturing out at all, as it's been so warm. It's annoying as I would really have liked to have gone to Olney, or Market Harborough, but the thought of walking around a town in this heat is unthinkable!

Sophie went to the gym and did her yoga class, and came home looking a bit sweaty, bless her. I admire her for going and at least the gym is air-conditioned! When she arrived home, she found me upstairs spying on a family viewing the house next door. I will be the first to admit how nosy I am, but I really wanted to see who was looking around! After all, they could be potential neighbours, and as we get on so well with everyone else who lives close by, it's important to have a preview!

They had a good look at the house and spent a fair amount of time gazing up at the front, so it looks like they were interested. They looked like a nice family with two girls, so only time will tell!

When I'd finished being a curtain-twitcher, I found Sophie preparing our lunch. We had two leftover baked potatoes and Sophie had scooped out the flesh, mixed it with some cheese and put it all back in, to be baked in the oven. We enjoyed the delicious lunch with salad. Yum!

Keith went to pastures new this afternoon and went to see a local team, Moulton, play at their pitch in the village. Sileby were playing away so he'd decided to go and see the Moulton Magpies (to his delight, playing in black and white!), and he had a great time at the match seeing some of the Sileby fans there as well!

Sophie and I lounged on the bed with the fan full on and I fell asleep. At 4.30pm we had our first game of Scrabble and I lost. We had two further games, with a couple of glasses of wine, and I managed to win one quite decisively for a change!

Keith came home, we ordered a meal for three from the Chinese takeaway in Broughton and cracked open the bottle of Champagne, which was delicious and as good as any costing double!

Dinner was copious and delicious and after we'd eaten Sophie and I watched an Alfred Hitchcock film, Strangers on a Train. It was brilliant and the scene at the end, with the out-of-control carousel, was amazing!

No comments: