Thursday 25 August 2022

A busy day off!

I went back to bed after seeing Sophie off to the gym but the lure of coffee was too much so I got up! The morning was spent pootling about the house, catching up with jobs and cleaning downstairs while listening to Ken Bruce on Radio 2. I gave the living room a good clean and hoovered away several cobwebs which were hanging from the ceiling. Delightful! 

Keith went to get his hair cut at Mawsley and popped to Tesco where he bought me a bottle of Sipsmith Orange Gin. Naughty but nice! When he returned I was busy packaging up another item we'd sold on eBay which was a bonus! Hopefully, we should be well on the way to earning enough for lunch in a few weeks' time! Once that was all done, I put some more photos of our holiday in 2003 onto Google photos, including this, which I thought was delightful:

Mikey has such a cheeky face!

In the afternoon I took Mum to have her nails done. The appointment was originally booked for 3pm but Natalia asked if we could go early. We arrived a few minutes before 2pm and I sat and read my Kindle. How I didn't fall asleep I'll never know! I kept feeling myself dropping off!

I suggested a cup of tea before going back and Mum agreed. I had to go to the post office in Moulton and I drove through the village afterwards to see if there was a cafe open. I'm sure there used to be one opposite the college but it had obviously closed down so we ended up at the Costa Coffee by the A14. After helping Mum out of the car and walking towards the entrance, we discovered this was closed as well! Mum wasn't keen on going to the other Costa in Kettering so I took her back. She is now very wary of walking which is worrying as it means she's not keen on her usual enjoyable pursuits like going out for tea and cake, and shopping.

Back home I relaxed in my clean and tidy house (won't stay that way for long) and enjoyed a Gin and Tonic. Bliss!




No comments: