Tuesday 23 August 2022

Hot and spicy!

Work today seemed busier than yesterday with non-stop phone calls for over an hour. We will all be mightily relieved when the children return to school! Not long now, thank goodness!

It has felt very warm and sultry again today, and on the way home I popped to the Tesco garage to get some diesel for my car. Thankfully, the prices seem to have gone down a bit but £45 only got me just over half a tank!

Keith was out tonight watching Sileby play so you know what that means? Jerk chicken pasta! The last time I'd cooked it I had covid so couldn't taste anything so I was determined to make it delicious tonight! I'd marinated the chicken in the jerk paste early this morning and Keith had bought all the ingredients we needed yesterday when he went shopping. 

Sophie and I opened a bottle of wine and started watching another fascinating Netflix documentary about a famous college football player who'd been catfished. The outcome was disastrous for him and his career, as people thought he had been in on the hoax when his "girlfriend" died at the same time as his grandmother. There had been an outpouring of sympathy for him when the two events happened, but when they realised his girlfriend didn't actually exist, things turned nasty! It was very interesting but sad for the athlete whose career seemed to have been ruined.

Sophie and I cooked the meal and it was delicious and spicily hot! There was certainly enough for her lunch tomorrow and Thursday and more than enough for me to have some for mine as well! After we'd eaten we sat in the garden for half an hour admiring the evening sky. Beautiful!


No comments: