Sunday 14 August 2022

Photos found!

Sophie and I went to see Mum and Dad this morning and took the clothes we'd bought on Friday. Hopefully, this time they'll fit! We sat with them for an hour and then returned home to prepare lunch. The
weather was hot and sunny again, and I think I speak for all of us when I say we're praying for rain. I've never seen the grass look so brown and withered!

We enjoyed the leftover Chinese for lunch and still didn't manage to eat all of it! It was a meal for three but would easily have fed six! After we'd eaten I was determined to do something with the afternoon despite the mounting temperatures, so I decided to hunt for the missing photos. Sophie was ensconced on my bed watching the television while I made chaos in the bedroom, getting everything out from our wardrobes, and wondering why I was keeping tatty old Christmas gift boxes! 

Right at the back were some storage boxes containing photos, and I found the ones I was looking for, as well as some diaries and other writings I'd done years ago. More holiday notes to go onto the blog to keep for posterity!

It was great to find the missing photos as I'd feared I'd uploaded them to the computer and lost them. I used to use Picasa (and Flikr) but know that it's been replaced with Google Photos, so now I need to scan them and upload them to the storage site. At least then we can look at them regularly!

The plan was to barbecue this evening but the Chinese leftovers had filled us up so, after a game of Scrabble, and some very difficult tiles for Sophie, we enjoyed an already cooked roast chicken and baps. In this heat, I didn't feel like eating much! Hopefully, tomorrow will be cooler!

What word can you make with them?

It was a lovely thought that we are off again tomorrow and looking forward to a little trip out to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary!

No comments: