Tuesday 30 August 2022

Back to reality...

Getting up for work at 6am this morning was not fun after the three lie-ins we'd had! It was most unpleasant, and the mornings are darker now, which is a bit of a shock. Autumn is truly on its way!

Work was OK and I think we are all looking forward to the end of the summer holidays now. It's been a busy six weeks and the next month will see lots of my colleagues take their annual holiday, including me. I will be covering for Sara from next week, and then doing the cash-ups for Sheila the week before we go away, so I have a feeling the time will fly!

When I left work I discovered, to my dismay, that one of my rear tyres looked flat... Luckily, Sheila's husband had arrived to pick her up, and as he is very good with cars and all things mechanical, he was able to put some air into it for me. I called Keith who arrived with our air pump as well, but it looked fine to drive with, so he took my car home while I drove my Dad's car and popped to the post office.

We kept an eye on the tyre all evening and it stayed well pumped up so I have no idea what the problem was! I really don't fancy buying two new rear tyres at the moment as I'm sure it hasn't been long since they were fitted!

No comments: