Sunday 7 August 2022

Keeping busy!

I wasn't up quite so late this morning, and I asked Keith to pop to the new little shop in Walgrave to see if they had any pastries for breakfast. I have always envied the French and their village boulangeries and wondered what it must be like to be able to stroll down and buy fresh bread and pastries for breakfast. We have to drive some distance to be able to do that, so it takes more planning! 

He wasn't that happy about going and came back with a box of chocolate chip biscuits... not really what I had in mind, bless him! At least he went for me!

I decided today to save all the Mallorcan restaurant reviews I used to write to my blog because it was great to re-read them all and I would hate to lose them. I also found a diary of a holiday we'd taken to Mallorca in 2007 and added that as well, embellishing it with photos. In between doing that I did mounds of washing, and every time I ventured out into the garden I could have cried at how dry and withered it was out there. The grass was scratchy and crackly and not lush like it used to be. I made sure the birds had plenty of water. There is not even a hint of any decent rainfall in the forecast and it's due to get hot again next week with temperatures of over 30c. It really is quite worrying, to be honest.

Sophie went out for lunch with Daisy and Laura, and they went to Akasaka in town. I spent the afternoon trying to find some old photos from about 2002-2004, and I couldn't remember whether they had been uploaded to the computer or were on a disc. I was worried that I had lost them all, but when I have more time I'll have a hunt through our cupboards to see if they're in boxes. I know we went to Mallorca when Mike was about eighteen months old and rented a villa with extensive grounds, and he used to follow a little group of chickens about all day!

Sophie came back at about 6pm and we all sat around the kitchen island with a drink and chatted. Keith and I didn't really fancy cooking dinner so we just had a sandwich, which suited us fine!




No comments: