Sunday 28 August 2022

Lazy Bank Holiday weekend!

It was great to have another lie-in this morning, and also to look forward to one tomorrow! I  baked some frozen pastries in the oven and Sophie, Mike and I enjoyed them for breakfast with coffee. Delicious!

I was determined to colour my hair today as it badly needed it, so Sophie helped me to do it, which makes it a lot easier. When we finished, Mike came to say goodbye and Keith gave him a lift to Abbie's Dad's house in town. 

We pottered about and put another couple of items onto eBay, and I also added some more old diaries to my blog and scanned another pile of photos. It's so much easier now that the computer and printer are back in the conservatory, but we're talking about moving them back into the kitchen for the winter and shutting up our lovely glass room, as it'll be too expensive to heat. The news is still full of the cost of living crisis and we're gearing up for a bad winter, I think. Maybe this will be the first year I'll wish for a mild winter with no snow!

Sophie and I played Scrabble again and we ate quiche and pizza for dinner. We hadn't known whether Mike was eating with us every night so it was quite difficult to plan for meals!

After we'd eaten, we watched The Bodyguard, and although I'd seen it a couple of times before, I still enjoyed it. Kevin Costner was great in the film, but it was poignant seeing Whitney Houston starring in the film, and knowing her fate years later.

I've noticed lately that the evenings are certainly starting to draw in now and it's dark by about 8.30pm. We have seen the hedgehogs almost every evening since Thursday, and I've been putting some food out for them as well as ordering special hedgehog food on Amazon. I must be mad!


No comments: