Saturday 20 August 2022

A busy Saturday!

Sophie went to the gym this morning with Angel and enjoyed a yoga class. I think it's great that she's keeping in touch with her old work colleague and enjoying the gym. She's lost over half a stone lately, which is brilliant!

Keith and I pottered about and had a lovely, lazy start to the weekend. I amused myself by cleaning the microwave and putting some lemons into a bowl to heat up, making it smell pleasant inside. I certainly know how to live!

In the afternoon we went to see Vera, a local seamstress, who was adjusting one of Sophie's charity shops buys. She wanted Sophie to try on the dress to ensure it fitted properly, which it did, and she said it would be ready tomorrow. It cost her £50 which, in all honesty, was a bit more than she had expected to pay, but the dress looked beautiful and I told Sophie to wear it every day to get value out of it! She's glad she only bought it for £20, and she had seen on the internet that this brand was selling for over $100 in the US!

Before going home, I popped into the new shop in Walgrave to get myself something for lunch. I was hoping for something tasty but there wasn't a tremendous amount of choice, so I bought a loaf of bread and had an open sandwich with cheese back at home.

After lunch, Sophie and I spent a good few hours putting some unwanted items onto eBay. We had unearthed some shoes Keith no longer wanted, including a pair of black Clark's brogues that were brand new, and several ties that he will never wear again. I put in a blouse and a little black evening bag I no longer need. It's amazing that we're still finding stuff to sell - we need to build up a healthy Paypal balance ahead of our next trip to London! Any surplus will be spent on a meal in Spain... that's if we sell anything!

Sophie photographed everything and listed it on the site, while I made sure everything was clean and well-presented. We both find it very enjoyable, and it's great to know the items will go to new homes where they're wanted rather than languishing in the cupboard and gathering dust!

After a great game of Scrabble, we had our belated anniversary meal of steak, chips, tomatoes, onion rings and stuffed mushrooms. Keith barbecued the steak and tomatoes while I fried the potato chips and the onion rings. Sophie took care of the big mushrooms by covering them with a mixture of breadcrumbs and cheese. With some peas, the meal was delicious, and we opened a bottle of Vacqueyras, a lovely red wine, that went very well with the meat.

Our after-dinner viewing tonight was a film starring Sandra Bullock called Murder By Numbers. Keith and I enjoyed it but Sophie was not so keen!

No comments: