Monday 1 August 2022

Manicosity!

Today has been even busier than last Monday with, at one point, 25 calls waiting to be answered. By the end of the day, we'd lost 90 calls, almost a third of the people who had called us! For the first three hours, it was non-stop so very wearying, especially as most of them were about swimming! Arrghh!

At 4pm it was bliss to go home and pootle about. It's been warm again today and Keith had opened all the windows when I returned. I thought something was wrong with one of my rear tyres but Keith had a good look and said it was OK. That's the last thing we need at the moment - any major work! 

I walked into the kitchen to find a load of vegetables on the island. We needed to do something with them, so we changed our meals and decided upon garlicky chicken served with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots and a sauce to liven it up a bit. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't rain tomorrow evening when we barbecue!

Mum called me to say she'd fallen over today, so that was upsetting. Apparently, she had a black eye and a swollen forehead. It never rains, but it pours... It would be great for something really lovely to happen! I'd even be happy with a good thunderstorm!

After dinner, Sophie and I indulged in a new series - 90 Day Fiance, UK! We don't have a 90-Day Fiance visa program here (or not that I know of) but it was enjoyable nonetheless!

No comments: