Tuesday 9 August 2022

Getting warmer...

I really wasn't looking forward to going to work today but it was only one shift and then I would be off for a day... and I was tempted to ask if I could have Thursday off as well, as it's not a contracted day! That would mean I wouldn't be back until next Tuesday as I've booked Friday and Monday off to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary!

There was an atmosphere in the office this morning, which was a bit uncomfortable, and Sara didn't speak to me all day... oh dear! I just got on with my work and celebrated inside when 4pm arrived. Yippee!

It felt hot and humid outside and the temperature was registering 32c, but I knew that wasn't real. Thankfully, it's not going to be as hot as the last time, but it will still be warm and sticky!

At home, I pootled about and when Sophie arrived home we sat at the kitchen island and chatted, which is becoming a lovely habit before we prepare dinner!

Our meal tonight was quiche, salad and roasted new potatoes. I am heartily sick of them at the moment - bring on the roasties we enjoy in the winter!


No comments: