Saturday 6 August 2022

A quiet day at home.

I was surprised to see a warning attached to my post yesterday! I hope it didn't put anyone off reading it, and it was very innocent!

I had an exceptionally long lie-in this morning which annoyed me, but I had no plans for today, so did it really matter? Sophie went to the gym with a girl she works with, and they both did a yoga class. Keith and I pottered about, catching up with jobs we hadn't had time to do during the week, and enjoying the sunshine (and the peace and quiet - bliss!).

Sophie returned at lunchtime and we ate leftover chicken and noodles for lunch. I really enjoy using up leftovers rather than binning them, and with the price of food at the moment it would be madness to throw it away.

Sophie prepared dinner in the afternoon, a Mery Berry recipe of fried rice and chicken which already smelt delicious! We packed loads of vegetables into it as well, using up some leeks, peppers and celery that were languishing in the fridge.

Keith went to the first football match of the season to see Sileby play a London team. I can't believe the football season has started again! And we have the World Cup to look forward to this year... or not!

Sophie and I enjoyed a face-pack and watched the third episode of "The Most Hated Man on the Internet" on Netflix. I won't say any more than that in case this post gets a warning as well, but it's a very good documentary and well-worth seeing.

As usual, it was Scrabble before dinner and I narrowly beat Sophie, which didn't go down very well. She is so competitive, something she has inherited from her Dad!

Dinner tonight was indeed delicious, and there was enough leftover for Sophie's lunch on Monday. Sophie and I went upstairs after dinner to watch My Dream Lottery Home, but I ended up watching a very funny programme about women in comedy with Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders, which was hilarious!

No comments: