Tuesday 16 August 2022

Feeling guilty...

Going back to work today was hard, but it had to be done! I spent the first two hours catching up with emails and orders, and at 10am went onto the phones. It wasn't too bad but we did have some calls from people who clearly didn't understand some of the services we offer! A lot of people say they find our website confusing, but to me, it's very clear!

At 4pm I sped off home under a very cloudy sky. We have had some rain today, but not the promised thunderstorms. I was supposed to be out with my work colleagues tonight but I just didn't fancy it at all. Am I turning into a reclusive hermit? I felt guilty for not going and stole Keith's dinner of chicken Kiev (Kyiv) which Sophie cooked, along with crispy sliced potatoes (anything but boiled new ones), asparagus and tender-stem broccoli.

After dinner, the rain started and it poured down - what a lovely sight to see and you could almost sense the parched earth giving a huge sigh of relief! We watched the second episode of an interesting programme about partition in India 70 years ago and learned a lot!


No comments: