Thursday 9 January 2020

Tedious Thursday!

I said to Sophie when she woke me up this morning that I really don't like Thursdays... maybe there's something I can do to solve this!

I was hoping that today wouldn't be as busy as it had been on Monday and Tuesday and thankfully, it wasn't! I was back working with Sue for the first time in ages and the shift passed very quickly. Keith collected me at 3pm and we went home to potter about as is usual after work.

Sophie and I are watching a good programme at the moment that's on every evening at 5pm called A New Life in the Sun. It's about Brits who have decided to move abroad for a better life. I don't think that some of them are prepared for the roles they take on, though, especially those who choose to run a B&B or a restaurant, as the work is often harder than the jobs they were escaping from at home! Two sisters were running a steak restaurant in Nerja which was hard work, to be honest and they were easily doing twelve hour days! Another couple, based in the Dordogne and running a B&B were managing sixteen hour days! No thanks!

No comments: