Sunday 19 January 2020

A spot of recycling!

It was lovely to have a lie-in this morning and a lazy start to the day. The weather has been gorgeous today with unbroken blue skies and sunshine but it is a bit colder! However, this I do not mind!

Keith and I left Sophie at home and went to B&Q to get something to deal with our rat. On the way we called into the tip and disposed of our old microwave, some Christmas lights that no longer work and the fridge shelves and drawers that have been hanging around for ages. None of our stuff ended up in the landfill skip so we were very pleased!

At B&Q we looked at bathroom cabinets first and the one we liked wasn't in stock! We found a suitable product to deal with our unwanted guest and then popped to Lidl where we bought a new set of kitchen scales, an oven pan and various other goodies!

Back home I suggested to Sophie that we go to Tesco, take some unwanted clothes and plastic bags for recycling, fill up with diesel and then pop over to Mum and Dad's with a wedge of cake that they'd given me on my birthday. We sat with them for almost an hour before driving home in the sunset and then going for a quick walk around the estate. We didn't bother taking Monty with us as he was curled up contentedly on the sofa but it was lovely to get out in the fresh air for a short while.

Sophie made me a hot chocolate while I did some more sorting of recycling in the garage. I have bags and bags of pet food pouches and we'll pop them to Charity Recycling MK on our way to London on Sunday, when we go back to celebrate Mike's birthday and bring him home.

Back inside I transferred a few months of my blog to a word document, ready to have it made into another book. I was very pleased with 2010 but it needs a few tweaks to make 2011 even better! Sophie had got very cosy with Monty and was watching a video on her ipad:


Life is good!


Dinner tonight was a delicious beef pie and then it was two hours of Vera!

No comments: