Monday 13 January 2020

Dark and stormy!

Keith took me to work this morning and went to do some shopping for tonight and tomorrow. He is supposed to be out tomorrow night at a football match so Sophie and I are taking the opportunity to cook Jerk Chicken Pasta, something we haven't had for ages!

I had a busy shift at work as Stella was off sick so I was asked to do the Box Office returns. I didn't mind at all, but doing them and answering the phones was certainly a challenge!

Today Storm Brendan has swept across the UK bringing high winds and rain. The north and west have had it the worst, but we had terrible weather this afternoon and evening. Back home I pootled about doing jobs that needed attention and prepared the dinner for tonight which was liver and bacon, another meal that we haven't enjoyed for a long time!

Keith and I went out into the kitchen to cook the dinner and opened the door to let some air in and we were astounded at the violence of the wind and rain. If this was just the edges of the storm I dread to think what it was like in Scotland and Ireland where they had it much worse!

No comments: