Sunday 5 January 2020

Clearing up...

I had another late start to the day, which was a bit annoying as I had so much to get done today! Sophie went to see a friend in town this morning while I made a start on taking all of the Christmas decorations down. What a shame everything has to be packed away, especially the outside lights which really brighten up our streets and houses!

Keith took the trees down and packed them back into their boxes and Mike put everything back up onto the rafters of the garage. I'm sure it won't feel like long before we're putting them all up again!

Mum and Dad popped around for a cup of tea and I showed them the Janie's Jottings book I'd had printed - the first of ten! They were thrilled with it and I said they could take the copy home to read as there was so much in there about the business we used to run and our trips down to see Nan in Dartford. There were also photos of their cat, Jake, in the book and they spent ages looking at the pages and remembering the events of ten years ago.

Once they had gone I carried on cleaning and Sophie phoned to say she wasn't going to go to the gym because of having a big breakfast! She came straight home and we popped to Brixworth to get the Sunday newspaper. While we were there. we spotted a little dog who had been tied up outside the Co-op and at first we thought he'd been abandoned. After waiting several minutes and going into the shop to find out about him, his owner appeared! Sophie was very relieved!

We drove home over the reservoir and we noticed it was looking really full - it's no wonder with all the rain we've had recently! It would be lovely if we could have a week or so of light breezes and sunshine to dry everything out. I've noticed spots of mould on our conservatory roof which will need to be sorted out.

I had a shower and even though we talked about going out for a walk, I felt a wee bit tired so we changed our minds. I still had some washing to do and I put our bedding back that had been washed. How I long for dry and sunny days so we can get the washing dried outside!

Keith cooked a delicious roast beef in the evening and we relaxed for a little while after dinner, but it's work tomorrow so no more late nights!

No comments: