Saturday 18 January 2020

A working Saturday.

I was at work today from 8.30am until 4pm and Sophie dropped me off on the way to the gym. I was working with Sue and the shift passed pleasantly enough, but I'd rather have been at home!

Sophie was going out for lunch with Laura so Keith picked me up and we headed home to relax. Today, the weather has been beautiful (it would be, wouldn't it?) with clear blue skies, sunshine and a sharp frost this morning. It's actually been cold!

Sophie returned home at about 6pm after having had a great time and although she'd had lunch at Akasaka, she still wanted to have dinner with us. Keith and I were having homemade chicken Kiev and I decided to stir fry some mangetout, baby sweetcorn and a red pepper as well as do roast potatoes and asparagus.

I don't think Keith was too keen on the veg I did as he'd already prepared cauliflower, broccoli and brussels sprouts, but I wanted to do something different! As it turned out the meal was delicious and the asparagus, roasted in the oven with a sprinkling of seasalt and a knob of butter, was gorgeous.

After dinner we finished watching Marnie (we never did spot Alfred Hitchcock) and then watched an episode of Wisting. I was tired this evening (I think my long day on Thursday was catching up with me) so it was another early night!

No comments: