Thursday 2 January 2020

A busy shift!

I did not relish getting up this morning to go to work! Sophie woke me at about 6am and went to the gym and Keith and I left for work at 7.30am. It was so dark! I can't wait for the lighter mornings!

This morning our online bookings system went down which meant we were flooded with calls. At one point we had about ten waiting which is very unusual, so Sara had to help us out! It was not the most relaxing start to the working day!

The frantic pace carried on all morning and I was very glad to go at the earlier time of 2pm! We had answered about 370 calls by the time we went so it had certainly been a busy shift! Keith collected me and we popped to Brixworth to post a parcel for Sophie and then decided to call and see Mum and Dad. On the way we passed a tow truck with the crashed car of last night!

Mum and Dad were in good spirits and we sat and chatted to them for an hour before returning home. Mike and Abbie had gone to her house earlier today so there was only the three of us this evening and we enjoyed baked potatoes for dinner. We had had some lovely meals lately and I think we were all a bit fed up with rich food!

No comments: