Tuesday 14 January 2020

Birthday Eve!

I drove myself to work this morning and had another very busy shift with almost non-stop phone calls, some of which were highly irritating. We do get asked some strange questions at times and I almost feel like someone's going to say "Fooled you!" because of the absurdity of their requests! I sped home at 2pm amidst more bad weather. Is there ever going to be an end to this rain?

This afternoon I gave the family bathroom a good clean and hoovered upstairs, so I felt quite pleased with myself. So often the precious hours ebb away with me doing very little so I was happy that the bathroom was restored to its pristine glory!

Yesterday I had marinated the chicken breasts in readiness for tonight's meal and they smelt lovely and spicy. The sauce we used to use from Tesco is no longer available but I hoped the new one we found is a worthy successor!

When Sophie returned home she made us both strong Margaritas as we were celebrating my Birthday tomorrow and the fact that she is now off work for three days. Yippee! I popped the chicken in the oven and prepared all the ingredients for the sauce before relaxing with the drink for ten minutes. Ahhh!

Back in the kitchen Sophie made me another Margarita (!) and we did the final preparations for dinner. It smelled delicious! Keith's football match had been called off because of the terrible weather so he made do with some oven chips as he truly hates Jerk Chicken Pasta! It's his loss! Unfortunately, Mike didn't come home in time for dinner but Sophie and I enjoyed it immensely even though it was extremely hot and spicy! Even Sophie said it was hotter than normal but it was delicious! I love the contrast of creaminess and spice and the tender chicken.

Mike came home and had his dinner a bit later, but he said it was the best I'd ever cooked so that was a compliment indeed! The two strong cocktails had made me a bit tipsy but it was a lovely feeling knowing I could have a lie-in tomorrow as Sophie was off, she wasn't going to the gym and we had a day out ahead of us!

No comments: