Tuesday 10 December 2019

Storm!

Well, the beautiful, cold but sunny weather ended today to be replaced with rain and strong winds. I had a bad night's sleep and was awake from about 5am and although I said I'd go back to bed after seeing Sophie off to the gym, I didn't. We had a lovely sunrise (red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning!) but at about 9am the rain started and it didn't stop all day.

We had no plans for today as Mum and Dad were popping around to see Mike and I was waiting for a parcel to be delivered from Amazon. I spent a good deal of the morning transferring my blog to a word document and I was amazed to find I had already written about 65,000 words - and I was only up to August 2010!

Mum and Dad arrived mid-morning with two Toblerones for Mike and we sat with a coffee and had a chat. Mike was a lot better but still has a cough. Hopefully, by the time he's finished his antibiotics this should go.

After my parents went, I hoovered upstairs, had a bath and generally tidied up. There was no point going outside but we did venture out to Mawsley to get a newspaper. I wanted to post a card at our little postbox at the entrance to our estate but there are some kind of gas works going on and there were vans parked everywhere! It was chaos!

Sophie was out having a Christmas jolly today - ten pin bowling and then lunch but she arrived home at 4pm which was lovely. As the afternoon turned into evening, we decided to watch The Holiday while Keith prepared a delicious and warming chilli for dinner. Outside, the weather had turned atrocious - very strong winds and almost horizontal rain!



No comments: