Friday 20 December 2019

Difficult journeys!

I know I'm an over-protective mum so don't judge me for going with Sophie to Thrapston this morning to make sure she was OK driving in the pouring rain and mist. We followed Keith in my car but before we got to her manager's house we pulled into a pub car park and said goodbye to her! She drove very well on the busy A14 so I knew she would be fine. She wasn't keen on pulling out and overtaking the almost constant line of lorries, and she just took it steadily and safely.

On our way home there were pools of water in the outside lane when I went to overtake slower vehicles, and the driving conditions were terrible. I had a coffee and showered and Keith dropped me off at work as he needed to use the car today.

My first day back at work was fine and I didn't have as many emails as I anticipated! However, there were quite a few orders and invoices for me to process so I was kept busy until I finished at 2pm.

Keith came to pick me up and we headed home where I did very little. I hadn't slept well last night so I had a nap and just pottered about, looking forward to the evening when I could hopefully relax a bit!

Keith, Mike and Abbie went to the pub and as it was raining again I gave them a lift down. Back home I prepared dinner and set the table and by 7pm Sophie was home and also feeling very relieved that her day was over, even though she had enjoyed the prison visit and had had a good time.

I went back down to get Abbie and the men and we came home to enjoy chicken burgers with potato wedges and salad. After dinner all of us sat and watched a couple of episodes of Top of the Pops from 1988 so that brought back some memories for Keith and I!

No comments: